When it comes to adventure cycling, there is nothing quite like the thrill of riding an MTB or what most people call mountain bikes. These bikes are designed to take on the tough and challenging terrain with the utmost ease while giving adventure junkies their share of fun. But there is more to mountain bikes than most riders understand and there are different types of MTBs for different styles and terrains. Let us take a look at them in brief:
1. Trail Bikes: The most common types of mountain bikes, the trail bikes are designed to take on all kinds of terrain in the mountains. They are perhaps the best MTB bicycle in India for enthusiasts and make for the ideal selection for flat dirt tracks and also for uphill and downhill slope riding. The trail bikes are focused on balancing efficiency with fun and sensibility, making this a great choice for beginners and mid-level riders. You can choose from steeper suspension angles which are ideal for fast turns and better climbing to lower suspension angles which provide great stability for high speed riding.
2. Fat tire bikes: True to their name, fat tire bikes come with oversized, extra fat tires to provide better traction especially in the snow and on sandy trails. They make for a great choice for beginners as they also provide enhanced stability on the trail and better balance while absorbing shocks and bumps more easily.
3. Cross country bikes: Cross country mountain bikes are designed by the best MTB brands in India to ride at high speeds and provide better climbing over short to medium distance trails. The focus in these bikes is on enhanced efficiency and lower weight to roll along smoothly when riding at higher speeds.
4. All-mountain bikes: For those looking for the best mountain bicycle in India, these all-mountain bikes are the high-end superior performance MTBs designed to take on natural and man-made trails with the highest efficiency. They can give the right stability for obstacle-ridden tracks and also perform well when climbing uphill or descending downwards.
5. Downhill bikes: Another type of the best MTB in India is the downhill bike. As their name suggests, these are designed to ride over steep slopes, ideal for those big jumps and big drops. These specialist bikes come with higher durability and slack frames to give the cyclists greater control over the bike when they need it.
To fuel your love for adventure, get yourself the MTBs from Kross Bikes, one of the leading cycle manufacturers in the country.