If your idea of a good weekend involves setting out on a long ride on your road cycle, then we’ve got you covered. Riding the road cycle on long stretches of smooth and paved tracks till you are tired enough or have reached your destination gives a unique high that all cyclists know. If you too are planning to set out on a long ride on a road cycle, then here are some tips to help you prepare:
1. While eating before a ride is always a good idea, don’t pile on foods heavy on the fat and fibre before a ride. You’ll only feel fuller and sluggish.
2. Hydration is good for cyclists. Instead of chugging on a litre-full before a ride, carry along a bottle in your backpack or cycle carrier. Sip periodically, and slowly during the ride, which will keep you hydrated, especially when you are out for a long ride.
3. When setting out for a long ride on a road bicycle, make sure you go out with all your things. Leaving without checking your gear is a fundamental and unforgiving mistake for a cyclist. Check all the boxes before you set out so you have all your essentials with you on the ride.
4. It will do you good to carry out some mild stretching before setting out on a ride, especially if you are planning to take a long ride on a road bike or if you are heading out on a ride after a long time. Stretching’s good for sore muscles but instead of static stretching, spend a few relaxed minutes preparing your body before cycling.
5. Always follow the road rules and speed limits on the road when riding your bike. Speed warnings are not just for car and bike riders. The same rule applies to cyclists on the best road bikes too – don’t ride too fast; it may cause accidents. Also remember to use the hand signals in appropriate places so you do not obstruct other traffic on the road and make your way to your destination in your own time.
Choose the best road bikes for your rides from Kross Bikes. One of the top cycle manufacturers in the country, Kross Bikes bring a range of innovative road bikes with superior specs to make every ride a fun-filled, adventurous and comfortable one.