A vacation to the mountains can never be missed by those who like the company of nature and uphill terrain to get their mojo back. But a biking trip through the mountains? Not only is the experience of mountain biking unique, it’s an invigorating journey every person must undertake at last once in their lifetime, no matter whether they are a biking enthusiast or not. And with India full of scenic picturesque mountains through all directions, we’ve picked out the 5 trails through the majestic mountains you can explore:
- Manali – If you are a biking enthusiast, then you can’t miss out on a trip through Manali, the ‘mountain biking capital of India’. Located towards the end of the Kullu valley in Himachal Pradesh, Manali is right in the way of some of the most adventurous moutain biking trails leading all the way up to Leh.
- Spiti Valley – Another route up through the mountain ranges that run through Himachal Pradesh, the bumpy roads in the Spiti Valley come with picturesque settings that are a treat for the thrill seeking mountain bikers. Buddhist monasteries dotting the trail add to the appeal of the trail.
- Munnar – All the way down south is the beautiful hill station of Munnar in Kerala which is set amidst lush tea estates in the Western Ghats. The man made trails on this route are true bliss for novice as well as experienced rides looking for time away from the urban hustle bustle.
- Sikkim – The ups and downs on the magnificent route in Sikkim from Siliguri from Gurudongmar is full of inspiring scenery with the Kanchenjunga peak overlooking the trail. From wooded forests in the West Bengal to the rapidly escalating heights up the Tibet border, the Sikkim trail is one to explore on your bikes.
- Leh – The one place that has to be the ‘Mecca’ for mountain biking enthusiasts, Leh offers some of the most scenic and adventurous routes for cyclists. The route is dotted with bumpy terrain and some of the most beautiful lakes that serve as a retreat for the bikers.
Explore unchartered and adventurous mountain terrains with Kross Bikes, a name that brings together quality, performance and revolution in the world of cycles. Our mountain bikes are designed using state of the art technology for enduring durability, high performance and seamless movement through the bumpy terrains for use by pros and novice mountain bikers. Explore the complete range to find your ideal match.
Posted in News by: Joe Blogs
Monday, September 6, 2010 6:28:34 PM Asia/Calcutta