When it comes to riding on the smooth and paved trails, in the city or on a highway, a road cycle is the preferred rides of avid cyclists. Designed to seamlessly ride at high speeds, a road bicycle is the perfect combination of speed, agility and controlled riding. When buying the best road bikes, however, it is important to keep in mind certain key specifications which are integral to these cycles. Read more about these in our explanatory guide of how to choose a road bicycle:
1. First of all, choose a road bike with a lightweight design. Its frame, wheels and other components must extremely light so as to to facilitate high speed riding and not create a drag when you are looking at navigating those long and smooth road stretches.
2. The ideal handlebar for a road bicycle is a drop or a curled bar. This is ideal for high-speed riding as it creates an aerodynamic position for the rider who has to bend against the air to ride the bike at higher speed.
3. You have to be prepared to rode without suspension when you choose a road bike as they do not have suspension either in the front or the back. This is because road bikes are ridden on paved paths and do not have any bumps or uneven stretches, which obliterates the need for suspension, thereby also making the bike much lighter.
The frame design of a road bike can vary depending on focus on performance or commuting. Performance road bikes have a more sports-oriented design that allow for greater aerodynamism as compared to commuting bikes which are designed to allow for greater comfort to the rider. Hence, performance bikes come with a Y-shaped frame while commute bikes come with flat bars. Choose the Best Road Bikes
4. for your rides based on your personal riding preferences.
5. When it comes to the frame material of the road bike, you can choose from aluminium or carbon fibre frames, both known for their dynamic low weight yet higher efficiency. However, carbon fibre frames can be quite expensive but worth the value for money. Factor your budget and requirement to choose the rides.
Choose the best road bicycles from Kross Bikes, One of the leading makers of cycles in the country. Kross Bikes brings state-of-the-art road cycles for pros and amateur riders.