The winter chill is finally wearing off, and the weather is letting up to become more pleasant by the say. It will only be a matter of days before the temperatures soar and we are bang in the middle of the hot summer months. But hot or not, no weather can stop the avid mountain biker. If the heat of the summers makes you shy away from taking your mountain cycle for a spin, then we have a list of tips that will make your rides fun even when the heat is at its worst:
1. Acclimatize. The best way to get used to riding a mountain bike in the heat is to acclimatize. Begin with riding in the early hours of the day, when the temperatures are still low or in the evenings, when the sun is near setting and it comes slightly cooler. As you gradually get used to the temperatures, you can ride whenever suits you best.
2. Dress right. When you are riding out on the best mountain bikes, make sure you dress right. Wear loose-fitting, sweat repellent clothing that will cool off easily. Wear a helmet and cooling sleeves if you want to keep the sun off.
3. Don’t overexert. When riding out in the hot summers, maintain a steady pace that does not cause you exertion. Don’t exert yourself if the temperature is too high.
4. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It needs not be reiterated that if you are going out riding on your MTB cycle in the summers, then you must keep yourself hydrated on the trail. Carry a water bottle and if you are on a long trip, then carry electrolytes to replenish yourself.
5. Stop if you have to. You don’t have to exhaust yourself when exploring a trail on your MTB bike in the heat. If you are feeling faint or particularly exhausted after making a challenging climb, stop on the trail to gather your strength back. No one will think any less of you for it. Take a few minutes in the shade, rehydrate, and get back on the trail. Just remember to follow the etiquette when stopping.
If you are an avid mountain biker, then explore the thrill of riding on the best MTB from Kross Bikes. Explore a range of exciting mountain bikes for men and women from Kross.