Cycling is a fun activity for kids. Parents often get them started early on this activity with the best cycle for boys and girls. As kids grow up, they need an upgrade on the bicycle for kids you bought them when they first started out, and they might even change their riding styles. Among the different kids cycle online is a mountain bike, one which is sought by teens who are keen on adventure and thrill. If your teenager is keen on riding a mountain bike, here are some tips for you to introduce them to it:
1. First, it is important that you choose the right bike for your kids. To introduce them to mountain biking, it is important that you buy them a mountain bike with gears. However, keep in mind that the bike must be the right fit for your kid.
2. Teach them the basics of mountain biking, in theory. Before you take your kids out on a trail for mountain biking, prepare them for what to expect.
3. Also teach them how to use both the brakes comfortably since braking is an important part of mountain biking. If your child has difficulty with the brakes and gear, adjust them slightly so they can easily pull them back when required.
4. Make sure your kids are well adjusted with their bike and know all the different gears and when to use them. Changing gears can be difficult for kids initially when they are riding, so get them to first be clear on the theory. Then, have them try out gears and get used to their placement.
5. For the first practice rides, look for a dirt trail which will be of moderate difficulty and let your teen adjust at their pace. On these rides, initiate your teen into basic mountain biking skills such as standing up on the bike, shifting their weight to the front or the rear, riding ascents and descents, as well as turning on curves.
Practice and routine riding will help you perfect their rides on mountain bikes. For the best mountain bikes for adults and kids, explore the range on offer from Kross Bikes. One of the leading manufacturers of cycles in the country, Kross brings state-of-the-art specifications in their MTBs which are designed for adventure and thrill with comfort for the amateurs and pro riders alike.