For those who love cycling, there is nothing more satisfying than getting on their bike and pedalling away. Some do it for leisure while some do it for the adrenaline rush that comes from riding on the toughest trail. If you are an avid adventure seeker and are planning to take your mountain bike fro a long tour, then it is important that you are also aware of the tips to ride well for a safe experience. Because safety and adventure must go hand in hand during mountain biking trips, we bring you some great tips for your next ride:
1. When you are setting out on a trip on a mountain bike by yourself or in a small group, make sure you have taken a thorough look at the map. Choose trails that are safe to ride through and avoid riding in the night through dense forests.
2. Ride the MTB bike only on trails that permit riders. There is no dearth of public as well as private mountain biking trails across the country so do your research before heading out. However, do respect the right to privacy and steer clear of closed trails. Ask the land manager if you are unsure about any trail. Avoid trespassing on private property and avoid riding in protected wildlife sanctuaries or natural reserves unless there is an open trail through them.
3. It might seem like a tempting idea to try out stunts on MTB cycle trails but such stunts are best practiced within limits. If there are speed regulations, obey them and stay alert at all times to avoid putting yourself and others at risk.
4. The trail is no yours alone and you need to respect the right of every other rider to get on the trail which is why you must know the rules for yielding and passing that are commonly accepted. Make safe passes and indicate your presence; if you are going downhill, let other riders going uphill have right of the way.
5. If you are riding through a wildlife populated area on the best mountain bikes, be careful to not disturb any animals living in the area. Pay attention to signs that mention animal presence and stay alert in order to avoid startling any animals. If you come across animals during your ride, then maintain a safe distance and avoid feeding or provoking them.
For the best mountain biking experience, get yourself an MTB from Kross Bikes, one of the top cycle brands in the country.